[Msa-discuss] Global Modernisms - special issue of Literature Compass--invitation

Carrie Noland cjnoland at uci.edu
Mon Oct 1 08:01:56 EDT 2012

Hi All--

In relation to the /Global Modernisms/ issue, please note the Round Table
on "Global Poetics and the Politics of Language" on Sunday, October 21st,
from 8:30-10 a.m. at the MSA conference in Las Vegas.

On the panel, organized by Barrett Watten and Carrie Noland, are
Christopher Bush, Omaar Hena, Sonya Posmentier, and Jonathan Stalling.  We
will be discussing the impact of global studies on poetry studies and the
wide-spread practice of teaching poetry in translation.

If you're interested in engaging with the promise and threat of a global
poetics, please join us.

Sincerely, Carrie Noland
University of California, Irvine