[Msa-discuss] CfP - NPF Conference on Poetry & Poetics of the 1980s

Steve Evans steven.evans at maine.edu
Mon Mar 5 12:34:45 EST 2012

Poetry & Poetics of the 1980s – Call for Papers

	The Poetry & Poetics of the 1980s
	National Poetry Foundation, UMaine
	NPF_Paideuma at umit.maine.edu
	300-500 word proposals for 20 minute papers
	June 27-July 1, 2012

The Editorial Collective of the National Poetry Foundation invites
paper and panel proposals for the next in our sequence of "decade"
conferences, to be devoted to the Poetry and Poetics of the 1980s,
American and international, and to be held from Wednesday to Sunday,
June 27-July 1, 2012, on the flagship campus of the University of
Maine System in Orono, Maine.

The NPF welcomes paper and panel proposals on any and all aspects of
poetic practice in the decade of the 1980s. What emerged? What
changed? What happened just out of frame? What connections brought
poetry into dialog with other fields? What social and political
contexts mattered most? What of the present can be traced back to that
moment? What poets, poetic formations, tendencies in poetics warrant
our continued attention? What accidents of reception might we now
revisit and perhaps repair?

Prospective participants are encouraged to draw on the full range of
archival resources in conceiving their projects, including the digital
audio, digital video, and digital facsimile holdings now widely
available on-line.

As with previous NPF conferences, the scholarly presentations and
panels will be amply supplemented by a variety of poetry readings,
including plenary readings by notable figures associated with the
decade being explored.

Paper proposals consisting of a title and a brief (250-500 word)
abstract should be directed to the NPF Editorial Collective at NPF_Paideuma at umit.maine.edu
. Panel proposals should include, in addition, a brief rationale for
the envisioned grouping. Proposals for alternative forms of
intellectual practice/presentation, such as roundtables or seminars,
will be  read with interest.

The deadline for proposals is March 15, 2012.

Visit http://npfconferences.wordpress.com/ for information about
previous NPF conferences.
An on-line version of this CfP can be found at http://nationalpoetryfoundation.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/poetry-poetics-of-the-1980s-call-for-proposals/
.

Feel free to direct queries to any member of the Editorial Collective:

Carla Billitteri
Carla_Billitteri at umit.maine.edu

Steve Evans
Steven.Evans at umit.maine.edu