[Msa-discuss] Embroidery in Modernist Works

Churchill, Suzanne suchurchill at davidson.edu
Tue Jun 26 16:55:52 EDT 2012

I would check out Edith Wharton's The Decoration of Houses. Marjorie Allen Seiffert's "Love Poems in Autumn" talks about various textiles and decorations for the modern home, but I can't remember if embroidery is mentioned. Poet and artist Marguerite Zorach began making tapestries, rather than painting in oils, after she had children to care for.

Suzanne W. Churchill
Professor of English
Davidson College
PO Box 6927