[Msa-discuss] Embroidery in Modernist Works

Jenkins, Lee L.Jenkins at ucc.ie
Tue Jun 26 15:07:40 EDT 2012

Willa Cather's The Professor's House, with its dresssmaker's "forms" and analogues between the novel and the Bayeux Tapestry; and what Nancy Miller calls the "tropology of the loom" and Susan Stanford Friedman "Penelope's web" in H.D.? Also the weaving of the ceremonial serapes in D.H. Lawrence's The Plumed Serpent (and his short story "The Thimble")?

Dr. Lee M. Jenkins

Senior Lecturer in Modern English

School of English

University College Cork