[Msa-discuss] Call for Papers: ELN 51.1 (Spring/Summer 2013): “General Issue: State of the Field”

eln2 ELN2 at colorado.edu
Fri Jun 15 10:08:59 EDT 2012

Call for Papers:

/ELN/51.1 (Spring/Summer 2013): “General Issue: State of the Field”

/English Language Notes/

Contact email: eln2 at colorado.edu

Deadline: October 1, 2012

//

Since its founding in 1963, /English Language Notes, /under the
sponsorship of the University of Colorado, has provided a respected
forum for criticism and scholarship in every field of English studies to
a broad audience of academics and general readers.It has been unique
both in its breadth of audience and subject matter and in its emphasis
on shorter articles of wider interest than typical scholarly writing.

In 2005, ELN underwent a substantial revision in its style, substance,
and format.A new editorial board embarked on a bi-annual special issue
format that preserved the shorter “notes,” often no more than ten pages
in print, that has long distinguished ELN, while adding longer articles,
clusters, and creative pieces.These special issues include topics such
as: “Genre and Affect,” “Queer Spaces,” “Juris-Dictions,” “Transnational
Exchange,” “Pseudo-Science” and “Graphia.”In recognition of ELN’s
successful transformation, the journal received CELJ’s “Phoenix Award”
in 2008.

In 2012, ELN continues its transformation.We are now a peer-reviewed
journal with an advisory board of internationally recognized scholars
from across the discipline of English and comparative literary studies.
We are seeking essays for an inaugural general issue that address the
following topics:

* issues of interdisciplinarity;

* the future of English as a discipline;

* new approaches to literature;

* new methodologies;

* new media;

* new pedagogies.

Consideration will be given to critical essays, creative writing, and to
writing that is a combination of the two. We also welcome round-table
discussions on particular sub-topics and reviews or review articles of
recent books relevant to the issue’s topics listed above. Shorter
articles are also welcome, in the spirit of our “notes” format
(approximately 2500 words or 10 double-spaced manuscript pages). Above
all, we seek interventions in on-going debates, chief among them the
role of interdisciplinarity in shaping fields, objects of study, modes
of study and the history and future of the discipline.

Please send double-spaced, 12-point font contributions adhering to the
Chicago-style endnote citation format in hard copy and email .pdf to the
address below:

Laura Winkiel, Senior Editor
/English Language Notes/
University of Colorado at Boulder
226 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0226

laura.winkiel at colorado.edu

Specific inquiries may be addressed to the senior editor, Laura Winkiel,
laura.winkiel at colorado.edu <mailto:laura.winkiel at colorado.edu>.The
deadline for submissions is October 1, 2012.