[Msa-discuss] Job opening for Asst. Prof., Post-1900 British Literature, Florida State University

Andrew Epstein aepstein at fsu.edu
Tue Oct 18 17:53:16 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of English at Florida State University in Tallahassee is seeking applications for an an Assistant Professor of Post-1900 British Literature and Culture; one sub-field we are particularly interested in is  Modernism, including Transatlantic Modernism.

We would appreciate if you would spread the word to your students and any others who might be interested in this position.  I've pasted the job description below.  Thanks!

Take care,
Andrew Epstein

Assistant Professor of Post-1900 British Literature

The Florida State University English Department invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Post-1900 British Literature and Culture to begin fall 2012. Secondary area is open, but expertise in Transatlantic Modernism, Post-colonial Literature, or Transnational Anglophone is desirable. Ph.D. in hand by beginning of appointment. Record of publication and prospects of future publication are crucial. 2/2 teaching assignment, normally with one graduate course per year. Competitive salary.

Letter, CV, writing sample, and dossier to S. E. Gontarski, Department of English, PO Box 3061580, FSU, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1580 by November 11. MLA interviews. AA/EOE employer. Minorities, persons with disabilities, and women are encouraged to apply.

For more information about our department, please visit:
www.english.fsu.edu

Andrew Epstein
Associate Professor
English Department