[Msa-discuss] modernist job at UCI

Laura O'Connor loconnor at uci.edu
Mon Oct 17 22:03:59 EDT 2011

Dear Colleague,

The Department of English at theUniversity  ofCalifornia,Irvine  invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in Modernism. We would be grateful if you would encourage your students, recent graduates, and others you know to apply, especially those who might increase UCI's gender, race, and class diversity. If there are particular people you feel would be especially appropriate for the job, please feel free to contact me at  loconnor at uci.edu  <mailto:loconnor at uci.edu>. The job description is attached (and pasted below). Thank you for helping us in our search for talented new faculty.

Sincerely,

Laura O'Connor

Associate Professor, Department of English

Chair, Search Committee

**

*Assistant Professor of Modernism*
The Department of English at the University of California, Irvine
invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor
in Modernism. Applications must be submitted online at
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/ and should include a cover letter,
curriculum vitae, dissertation abstract, writing sample of no more than
twenty-five pages, and three letters of recommendation. Fullest
consideration will be given to those who submit their applications by
November 8, 2011. Interviews of selected candidates will be held at the
MLA convention. Candidate must have a Ph.D. by June 2012.

The University of California, Irvine is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity and and strongly encourages
applications from women, minorities and other under-represented groups.
UCI has an Advance Program for faculty equity and diversity.