[Msa-discuss] thanks

Melba Cuddy-Keane m.cuddy.keane at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 10 14:10:08 EDT 2011

First, a huge vote of thanks to Cris Miller and her team for running such a
superb conference.  Among the many things that impressed me: good places to
mix and mingle; easy access to the book displays; diverse and lively
sessions.  Also, smooth running of the events throughout (and thank you,
Buffalo weather!).  I only wish we had instant replay so I could attend all
those sessions I marked but missed
Then, kudos to Mark Morrisson and the MSA Board for the successful
Incorporation of the Society.  This might seem like a mere technicality, but
it's the accomplishment of something we've tried to achieve for years, and
it puts the society on a secure footing (if, post-conference, I may use that
word), among other things protecting individual members from society
liabilities.  I know how much work lies behind this important achievement,
and didn't want to let the occasion pass without a big thanks.
Buffalo, you did well.  Vegas, here we come!
Melba Cuddy-Keane
University of Toronto