[Msa-discuss] NEH Summer Programs for College and University Teachers
RSimhan at neh.gov
Thu Nov 17 16:37:05 EST 2011
NEH Summer Seminars and Institutes for College and University Teachers
Application Deadline: March 1, 2012
View the full list of summer programs at
PARTICIPATE IN AN NEH SUMMER PROGRAM IN 2012
Each summer, the National Endowment for the Humanities supports
tuition-free seminars and institutes for faculty who teach American
These study opportunities allow faculty and a select number of graduate
students to increase their knowledge of current scholarship and advance
their own teaching and research. Participants in these two- to five-week
programs receive stipends to help cover travel and living expenses.
The 20 seminars and institutes for summer 2012 will address the
* James Joyce's Ulysses
* World War I in the Middle East
* Liberty, equality and justice
* Asian-American art history
* Mesoamerica and the American Southwest
* Health and disease in the Middle Ages
* 20th-century French history
* Roman empire and comedy, Etruscans
* Visual culture of the American Civil War
* Leonardo da Vinci
* Medieval Muslim-Christian-Jewish Mediterranean
* Experimental philosophy
* Jane Austen
* Oscar Wilde
* Tudor books and readers
* American maritime history
* Contemporary African-American literature
* Consciousness from Buddhist and contemporary philosophical
Many seminars and institutes take place on American campuses; others are
held at sites in Belgium, England, France, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, and
For a list of the seminars and institutes to be offered in the summer of
2012, along with eligibility requirements and contact information for
the directors, please visit
DIRECT AN NEH SUMMER PROGRAM IN 2013
The National Endowment for the Humanities is accepting applications for
grants to direct a summer program for college faculty or schoolteachers
on a humanities topic of your expertise.
Why direct an NEH summer program?
* Directors strengthen teaching and research at the
undergraduate or K-12 levels.
* Directors influence their fields of expertise through
intense collegial study, often resulting in participants' publications.
* Directors join a distinguished roster of NEH summer
* Directors engage with motivated participants from across
* Directors receive compensation based on the duration of
* Directors bring distinction to their home institutions.
Interested in applying? Consult the application guidelines:
* NEH Summer Seminars and Institutes:
* NEH Landmarks of American History and Culture Workshops:
The deadline to propose a program for Summer 2013 is March 1, 2012.
We strongly encourage you to discuss your proposal with NEH staff, who
will answer questions and critique drafts. Call (202) 606-8500 or send
e-mail to sem-inst at neh.gov <mailto:sem-inst at neh.gov> or
landmarks at neh.gov <mailto:landmarks at neh.gov> .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Msa-discuss