[Msa-discuss] Call for Papers: The Latchkey

Petra Dierkes-Thrun petradt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:24:31 EDT 2011

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

The editorial team of *The Latchkey: Journal of New Woman Studies* is
interested in receiving new submissions of scholarly articles and book
reviews for our upcoming issues. All scholarly articles will undergo double
blind peer review; book reviews will be published at the discretion of the
editors.  We accept submissions year-round and have a reasonable turn-around
time (usually no more than three months, often much less).  Submission
Guidelines and further information about the journal, as well as our current
issue, can be found at http://www.oscholars.com/Latchkey/start.htm.

ABOUT THE JOURNAL

*The Latchkey* is a peer-reviewed, open-access, registered online journal
(ISSN 2046 - 4525) devoted to the concept of the New Woman, covering the
lives and writings of New Women authors and figures, the representation of
the New Woman in literature, culture, art, and society, proto-feminism and
early feminist journalism, and current innovative scholarship on the New
Woman. While the term ‘New Woman’ originated in England, the cultural
phenomenon extended beyond Britain. We wish to explore its presence (or
reasons for its absence) and influence in other countries and across
disciplines, and aim at covering both canonical and non-canonical New Woman
figures and aspects. Starting with the next issue (anticipated for late
spring 2011), *The Latchkey* is merging with another Oscholars journal, *The
Michaelian*, currently edited by Sharon Bickle. *The Latchkey* will keep its
name and focus on the New Woman, while appreciating and benefiting
additionally from *The Michaelian*’s interests and expertise in the poetry
and culture surrounding Michael Field (Edith Cooper and Katharine Bradley).

We are associated with the group of journals known as THE OSCHOLARS (
www.oscholars.com), and published by The Rivendale Press, UK. Please send
all enquiries to the editors at unbolt at gmail.com.

Thank you sincerely for your interest.
The Co-editors,

Petra Dierkes-Thrun, Stanford University, USA,
and Sharon Bickle, University of Queensland, Australia