[Msa-discuss] Call for applications for the Mellon School of Theater and Performance Research 2012 session: "Theater, Theory, Philosophy"

Debra Caplan caplan at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 7 17:06:43 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The Mellon School of Theater and Performance Research at Harvard University
is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2012
summer session, to be held *June 4 - 15, 2012*. The topic for the 2012
session will be "Theater, Theory, Philosophy." The School offers faculty
and advanced graduate students the opportunity to learn from leading
scholars in theater and performance research in an intensive two-week
summer program.

Participants will work with an international faculty of distinguished
scholars in theater and performance research. Our faculty for the 2012
session are:

Tracy Davis (Northwestern)
David Greenspan (Performer)
David Herskovits (Target Margin Theater)
Bernadette Meyler (Cornell)
Freddie Rokem (Tel Aviv)
Andrew Sofer (Boston College)
Dieter Thomae (St. Gallen)
Henry S. Turner (Rutgers)

Participants take one of two daily seminars on overarching theoretical and
methodological topics related to the theme of "Theater, Theory,
Philosophy." In addition to the daily seminars, the program includes
discussions, research workshops, performances, and evening lectures taught
by visiting faculty members. Graduate student participants take part in a
workshop devoted to their dissertation research; while junior faculty
participate in a workshop focused on turning their dissertations into books.

Due to a generous grant from the Mellon Foundation, tuition will be free
for all accepted participants. Participants will receive a certificate from
the Mellon School upon completion of the program.

Applications are due *March 1, 2012*. Admissions decisions will be
announced in early April.

For more information and application instructions. please visit our website
at thschool.fas.harvard.edu or email thschool at fas.harvard.edu.

Please forward this announcement widely to interested colleagues.

Martin Puchner, Director
Debra Caplan, Assistant Director
The Mellon School for Theater and Performance Research at Harvard
University<http://thschool.fas.harvard.edu>