[Msa-discuss] New issue of The Latchkey: Journal of New Woman Studies

Petra Dierkes-Thrun pdthrun at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 29 17:29:32 EDT 2011

Dear MSA list members,

We are very happy to announce our new issue of *The Latchkey: Journal of New
Woman Studies*, a peer-reviewed, international, free-access journal
affiliated with The Oscholars group of journals (general editor David C.
Rose) and published by The Rivendale Press, UK (webmaster Steven Halliwell).

You can find us at http://www.oscholars.com/Latchkey/Latchkey3/3home.htm.

New items include the following:

*Essays*

   - Marilyn Pemberton, “The Fairylands of Mary De Morgan: Seedbeds of
   Domestic Anarchy”
   - Teresa Louro, “Sarah Grand: Cross-Dressing at the Fin de Siècle”

*Book reviews*

   - Naomi Hetherington and Nadia Valman (eds.), *Amy Levy: Critical
Essays*(Athens, OH: Ohio University Press, 2010). Reviewed by Sarah
Parker.
   - Richard Davenport-Hines, *Ettie: The Life and World of Lady
Desborough*(London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 2008). Reviewed by David
Charles Rose.
   - Linda K. Hughes, *Graham R.: Rosamund Marriott Watson, Woman of Letters
   * (Athens, OH: Ohio University Press, 2005). Reviewed by Carol A. Senf.
   - Carolyn W. de la L. Oulton, *Let the Flowers Go: A Life of Mary
   Cholmondeley* (London: Pickering & Chatto: 2009). Reviewed by Catherine
   Pope.
   - Carolyn W. de la L. Oulton (ed.), *New Woman Fiction, 1881-1899*, Part
   2, Vols. 4-6 (London: Pickering & Chatto: 2010). Reviewed by Joellen
   Masters.

Featured New Woman section, new item

   - Amy Levy. By Christine Pullen

*Plus current announcements of calls for papers, book publications, and
other items of interest to our readers
*

We are always interested in new contributors and comments.  You can reach
the editors at unbolt at gmail.com.

With best wishes for a fruitful and happy new academic year, we remain
gratefully yours--

Petra Dierkes-Thrun (Stanford University) and Sharon Bickle (University of
Queensland, Australia)
Co-Editors, *The Latchkey*

--
Petra Dierkes-Thrun, PhD
Lecturer, Department of Comparative Literature
pdthrun at stanford.edu

Please see my new book, *Salome's Modernity: Oscar Wilde and the Aesthetics
of Transgression*, at http://press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=1979616.