[Msa-discuss] New MSA 12 Hotel

Stephen Ross saross at uvic.ca
Fri Oct 1 23:30:05 EDT 2010

Here is an alternative hotel for those of you still to book your accommodations for the MSA conference in Victoria this November. Please note that it is a few minutes walk from the conference hotel.

Swans Hotel
506 Pandora Ave
Victoria, BC V8W 1N6, Canada
(250) 361-3310
http://www.swanshotel.com/

Experience the ‘Building of Flowers’ in the City of Gardens. Located in the heart of historic “Old Towne” Victoria, Swans is just minutes to Victoria’s famous Inner Harbour where you can enjoy local attractions, events and entertainment, shopping and so much more.

Our boutique hotel offers a variety of 29 distinctive suites. Perfect for business and leisure travelers our suites are also ideal for families, with children of any age. Many suites feature two-story lofts, accommodating up to six adults. Each suite offers spacious and comfortable living areas with fully equipped kitchens (an average suite is approximately 500 sq ft).

MSA Special Rate:

MSA conferees are eligible for a special rate of $139 for one bedroom or studio suites, double occupancy. Our one bedrooms can sleep two couples as they have a pull out hide-a-bed but each additional occupant would be $35.00. All of our suites have kitchens with the basic pots, pans, plates etc., high ceilings, and either a Juliet balcony or a terrace. In addition, all rooms contain original modernist art from the local region.

(There are also a couple of suites available for only $109, but they are right above the pub so they are noisy until about 2am; but if budget is a major issue for you, and noise isn't, you may wish to consider them. Swans would also give students a special price consideration if they want to share one of the two bedroom suites, which can sleep up to 3 couples or 4 singles.)