[Msa-discuss] Siobhan Phillips at the Modernism Seminar, Harvard Humanities Center, Th 25 March

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Fri Mar 19 14:06:09 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Please join the Modernism Seminar at the Harvard Humanities Center  =

(Room 133 Barker Center) on Thursday, March 25 at 6pm to hear Siobhan  =

Phillips speaking on
=93Elizabeth Bishop and Mrs. Carlyle: Letters and Ethics
in
Mid-Century American Poetry=94
Siobhan Phillips is the author of The Poetics of the Everyday:  =

Creative Repetition in Modern American Verse (Columbia, 2010).  Her  =

writings about American literature have appeared in PMLA, Twentieth- =

Century Literature, Yale Review, The Henry James Review, and ESQ,  =

among other journals.  She is currently a junior fellow at the Harvard  =

Society of Fellows.
There is free parking near the HHC at the Broadway Garage, on Felton  =

between Broadway and Cambridge Street.  Just tell the attendant that  =

you're participating in an event at the HHC, and pray for a friendly  =

response.  Normally the attendant is quite accommodating, even if we  =

are somehow not on the good list.

We hope you'll be able to attend the session, which, as always,  =

includes discussion after the presentation.

Looking forward:  On Thursday, 15 April, at 6:00 p.m., Sarah Cole of  =

Columbia University will speak.

Details about the Center, including a calendar of events, are  =

available at: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/.

Best wishes,

Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu & John  =

Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu, http://people.bu.edu/jpr=