[Msa-discuss] Queer modernisms course

Petra Dierkes-Thrun petradt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 19:36:02 EST 2010

Dear MSA list members,

I am thinking of putting together an undergraduate course on Queer Modernisms for next year and would love some input for possible texts/authors to put on the syllabus.  This course will be taught in a Comparative Literature department, so besides the usual suspects (Forster, Radclyffe Hall, H.D., Sackville-West, Djuna Barnes ...) it should include some French, German, Italian, or Slavic etc. texts and authors as well.  I would also like to include examples of visual culture (Claude Cahun?) and films (Nazimova's Salome).  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Petra Dierkes-Thrun
Stanford University