[Msa-discuss] Sarah Cole at the Modernism Seminar, Harvard Humanities Center, 15 April, 6:00 p.m.

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Fri Apr 9 15:04:21 EDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Please join the Modernism Seminar of the Humanities Center at Harvard
on Thursday, 15 April, at 6:00 p.m., for our final session of the
spring term, to hear Sarah Cole speaking on:
Yeats and Cyclical Violence:
The Irish Rising and the Limits of Enchantment
The talk will take place in Room 133 of the Barker Center.
Sarah Cole, Associate Professor of English at Columbia University, is
the author of Modernism, Male Friendship, and the First World War
(Cambridge University Press, 2003). Her essays and reviews have
appeared in ELH, Modern Fiction Studies, Modernism/Modernity, and
PMLA, among other journals and collections. She serves on the
editorial board of The Modernism Lab. Her talk is drawn from her work
in progress on violence and literature in the modernist period, which
will appear in the Oxford UP Modernist Literature and Culture Series.

There is free parking near the HHC at the Broadway Garage, on Felton
between Broadway and Cambridge Street.  Just tell the attendant that
you're participating in an event at the HHC, and hope for a friendly
response.  Normally the attendant is welcoming, even if we are somehow
not on the good list.

We hope you'll be able to attend the session, which, as always,
includes discussion after the presentation.

Details about the Center, including a calendar of events, are
available at: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/.

Best wishes,

Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu

John Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu, http://people.bu.edu/jpriquel/