[Msa-discuss] MSA News

Sean Latham sean-latham at utulsa.edu
Mon Aug 24 18:40:56 EDT 2009

Greetings MSA Members--

As the summer winds to a close, I want to take a moment and share some news
about the Modernist Studies Association while also reminding you of some
upcoming deadlines.

First, registration for MSA XI in Montreal is open and the program for what
promises to be an innovative and diverse conference will shortly appear on
the web.  For more information, please consult the conference site:
<http://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa11/index.html>.

Second, I want to remind you that the MSA membership year now runs from 1
July to 30 June.  This means that in order to remain an active member, you
need to renew your membership for the 2009-10 year.  Please visit the
registration page on the web or just click here to renew:
<https://associations.press.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/msa/msa_membership.cgi>.  Keep
in mind that to participate in the conference you must both register for the
conference and be a current member of the MSA.

Third, I want to urge you to keep an eye on the MSA website.  Thanks to the
dedicated efforts of Matt Huculak, Dee Morris, and the staff at Johns
Hopkins University Press, we expect to launch a completely redesigned site
on 31 August. It provides new information architecture, an easy-to-use
interface, and a new look that we hope will make it an even more valuable
resource for our members.

Finally, let me remind you of a few upcoming deadlines:
1 July=8BNew MSA Membership Year Begins=8BRemember to Renew for 2009-10
1 September=8BDeadline to Apply for Graduate Student Travel Grants
28 September=8BEarly Registration for MSA Montreal Closes
15 October=8BDeadline for Hotel Reservations for MSA Montreal
23 October=8BFinal Conference Registration Deadline for MSA Montreal

I look forward to welcoming you all to Montreal,
Sean Latham
President, MSA