[Msa-discuss] African Literature Job at U. Illinois

Matthew Hart matthart at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 3 16:08:17 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Given that global and transnational approaches to modernism continue to loom large in our meetings and conversations, I thought I'd take the liberty of posting this job announcement to the MSA Discussion listserv.  Please forward this ad to anyone you think is qualified to teach African literature at a research-centred institution like the University of Illinois.

Thanks,

Matt Hart

-----------

African Literature Position

The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in African literature, starting August 16, 2009.  The successful candidate will hold a joint appointment in two of three departments (Comparative and World Literature, English, and French), depending on areas of specialization. The candidate will also have an affiliation with the Center for African Studies.  A demonstrable commitment to scholarship and the ability to teach a wide range of African literatures and cultures required; familiarity with postcolonial theory preferred.  PhD in hand by time of appointment.  Salary commensurate with experience.  For full consideration, application materials (letter of interest, CV, three letters of recommendation and a writing sample) must be received by November 15, 2008.  Send application materials, including an email address to: African Literature Search Committee, c/o Marita Romine, 4072A FLB, University of Illinois, 707 S. Mathews, U!
 rb!
ana, IL 61801, USA.  Phone: (217) 244-3252.  The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.

--------
Matthew Hart

Assistant Professor,
Department of English
Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
608 S. Wright St.,
Urbana, IL 61801
http://www.illinois.edu/goto/matthart
(217) 333-4774