[Msa-discuss] MJP update

Robert Scholes Robert_Scholes at brown.edu
Tue May 8 15:24:26 EDT 2007

MSA Colleagues--I have news that I hope will be welcome to you.

1.  The MJP has received an NEH grant for three projects:
    * The English Review under Ford (1908-1910)
    * Poetry from its founding (1912-1922)
    * Scribner's from 1910-1922

This work will be accomplished over the nest two years, with results
beginning to appear in the coming academic year.

2.  We have launched a new page devoted to single issues of various
magazines published within a year of the crucial moment in Virginia
Woolf's famous statement about human character changing around
December 1910.  We have seven sample issues from 1910 and 1911 on
site now and will be adding single issues of at least seven more
magazines in the coming weeks.

We hope this will be useful for courses and projects in modernism,
either based on Woolf's statement, or comparing British and American
culture of a century ago with our contemporary culture.

3.  We continue to expand our teaching pages, which offer examples of
how to use the MJP archive in courses, and we invite you to
contribute your own experiences.

All this starts from our home page at <www.modjourn.org>

Best wishes,
Bob Scholes

Robert Scholes
Professor of Modern Culture and Media (Research)
Co-Director Modernist Journals Project
Brown University
RS <http://www.brown.edu/Departments/MCM/people/scholes/default.html>
MJP <http://www.modjourn.org>